Profile + Web App

My photo
Angelo and Marie are the authors of the books "Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Guide Workbook and Keepsake", "Finding True Love: And The Secret To A Lasting Marriage", "Fimark's My Keepsake Wedding Planner", various children books, as well as the "Art of Bubble Blowing."

Monday, May 9, 2011

How An Author Said Thank You To His Parents

After many years of compilation and editing.and over 5000 file downloads family reunion event planners, the founder of Legendary Heritage Heirlooms, an online resource for family reunion planners, craftspersons and art collectors released his new book "Family Reunion Planner - a Guide Workbook and Keepsake."
Before the book could be released I had to approve the final proof. Once approved and distribution began, the book was picked up at Amazon.com. I then decided to present the copy to my parents as a gift of thanks.

You see, all that I am has much to do with the hard work of two spiritual minded people who love each other deeply, my parents. I owe them so much. Even as I write this I am welling up with gratitude.

Just last Sunday, May 8th 2011 Brenda and I presented the book to Mom and Dad. Dad read the Forward, Table of Contents and Acknowlegements page to Mom. He began to tear up as he realized the acknowlegements were about them. Mom was deeply moved and quietly smiled as she peered at the words on the pages for some time.

After turning most of the pages and defining the value of the book Mom began to talk about her greatest joy. Her great-grandchildren. Two girls, bubbly and bright. Full of life, wonder and affection. One which came to her thru my loins. The house was filled with laughter as we talked about their budding personalities.
Before the last pages were turned and the book closed, we all came to realize that each of us contributed to it's contents in one way or another. I must say, thanks to this book, it has been accomplished. I was able to say thank you from the deepest innermost recesses of my heart to theirs.

When leaving Dad and Mom thanked us. I turned and thanked them for being who they are. We all hugged and parted.

With the help of this book, we feel a stronger bond as we carry out what is said in scripture, Honor thy father and thy mother" and "See good for all your hard work. "Knowing that others the world over will be equally honored and touched as their children fill the pages of this book with their own story and present it to their parents I felt a unique connecting force to a bigger family, mankind.

Fimark's Family Reunion Planner A Reunion Planning Guide Workbook & KeepsakeFimark's Family Reunion Planner by Mark A. Askew.
The book is now available at Lulu.com and Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment